Durham & Oxford, NC’s Favorite Orthodontist
What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Wilson Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our Durham and Oxford, NC, orthodontic offices.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin braces and orthodontic treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will braces and orthodontic treatment cost?
If braces and orthodontic treatment are indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
- Dr. Lucas uses iCat 3D imaging to create an accurate replica of your teeth.
What is the cost of braces and orthodontic treatment?
The cost of braces and orthodontic treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if braces and orthodontic treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make braces and orthodontics affordable.
What does your investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives. Orthodontist Dr. Wilson uses iCat 3D imaging to create a realistic model of your teeth.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign® includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in our Oxford or Durham, NC, orthodontic office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t your investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice in Durham and Oxford, NC.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Office Hours At Our Durham & Oxford Orthodontic Offices
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment at our Oxford or Durham, NC, orthodontic office. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in an efficient and timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our orthodontic office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.