There is no longer an age limit as to who can receive orthodontic treatment. In fact, 1 out of 5 patients having orthodontic treatment today is an adult. We all want to put on our best smile, and if you didn’t have orthodontic treatment as a child, you’ve relapsed, or your treatment was limited, rest assured, it’s not too late to get it corrected. At Wilson Orthodontics, Dr. Wilson believes everyone has a right to straight teeth and a healthy smile, which is why they are pleased to offer adult braces in Oxford, NC.
There are numerous benefits to adult braces at Wilson Orthodontics including:
- Aligning the teeth to create a more aesthetic and beautiful smile
- Correcting a relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long-term retainer wear
- Improving the ability to brush and floss, especially for crowded or overlapping lower front teeth
- Creating a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Addressing missing teeth
- Closing spaces between the teeth
- Reducing excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Jaw surgery to correct the discrepancy between the upper and lower jaws
Adult braces are no more uncomfortable than children’s braces. Adults experience the same level of soreness as children, but often are more verbal and willing to tell their orthodontist about it because they are often more communicative and more mature.
When you receive adult braces from Dr. Wilson, your teeth will be most uncomfortable 12-24 hours after an orthodontic adjustment and will disappear within just 3 to 5 days.
The good news? Modern appliances are smaller and more comfortable to wear than when you were a child. Additionally, modern techniques, like new titanium technology, put less pressure on the teeth to cause discomfort while moving the teeth more rapidly and efficiently. It also decreases the time required between adjustments to every 8–10 weeks. Your treatment time, on average, will be completed in 15-18 months.
Don’t Put It Off Any Longer – Get Adult Braces in Oxford, NC
Dr. Wilson and his experienced team at Wilson Orthodontics have treated individuals in their 50s, 60s and even their 70s. It is never too late to gain the smile you have always wanted. Call Wilson Orthodontics today at 919.346.4831 to schedule your Wilson Orthodontics Smile Assessment.