Durham & Oxford, NC’s Favorite Orthodontist For Braces & Invisalign
Get Straight Teeth Up To 35% Faster With Braces & Orthodontics At Wilson Orthodontics
At Wilson Orthodontics of Durham and Oxford, North Carolina (NC), you have the most orthodontic treatment options available. During your comprehensive and 100% no-obligation Wilson Smile Analysis, we will educate you on your options in braces and orthodontic treatment. Then, together we will decide which type of braces is best for you or your child based on your unique situation. Click on the respective icon below to learn about some of our braces and orthodontic treatment options.
We also offer traditional metal braces, ceramic clear braces and other types of braces.
Why SureSmile will have you smiling even before your braces come off!
You’re getting braces. And while you’re excited about having that great smile, you may be nervous about wearing the wires and brackets. Well, there is a new orthodontic system that makes straightening your teeth with braces a lot faster and easier compared to conventional orthodontic treatment. It’s called SureSmile and it’s changing the way people feel about their braces.
Through the use of SureSmile technology, your Oxford or Durham, NC orthodontist can offer you a “braces experience” that provides:
- Shorter treatment times
- Fewer office visits
- Less overall discomfort
Our technology-driven orthodontic process offers several important benefits that make the whole “braces experience” much easier for patients than conventional orthodontics!
Shorter Treatment Times With SureSmile
You’ve probably heard from friends or family members that wearing braces is a long-term commitment, taking two years on average. While that may be true of traditional braces and orthodontic treatments, it’s not true for SureSmile. Through the use of SureSmile’s sophisticated 3-D imaging, treatment planning, and customized precision arch wires, your orthodontist can reduce treatment time compared to that of conventional braces.
Fewer Orthodontic Office Visits With SureSmile
In addition to shortening treatment times, the greater efficiency of the SureSmile system also helps reduce the number of wire changes and adjustments you’ll need, and that means fewer trips to the Oxford or Durham, NC, orthodontist. The SureSmile system’s 3-D software lets your orthodontist analyze how to effectively and efficiently align your teeth. Through this software, personalized arch wires are designed to move your teeth into proper alignment smoothly and directly, reducing the number of maintenance visits.
Less Overall Discomfort With SureSmile
Anyone who has worn braces will probably tell you that wire adjustments and changes were the least favorite part of the process because they usually caused discomfort. Fortunately, the SureSmile system is engineered to maximize therapeutic efficiency of each wire, significantly reducing the number of adjustments needed. This means fewer episodes of discomfort over the course of your treatment.
Invisalign – Invisible Braces For Adults & Teens
Since Invisalign is nearly invisible, you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. Orthodontist Dr. Wilson is a certified and preferred Invisalign provider in Durham and Oxford, North Carolina (NC). He has treated many cases with Invisalign, this leading edge appliance system.
Invisalign – Invisible Braces in Durham & Oxford, NC
A “braceless” alternative to traditional metal braces!
Have you ever wished for a straighter, healthier smile, but not looked forward to all the metal wires and bands that often go along with metal braces? At Wilson Orthodontics, we can make your dream of having a new smile come to life, and without any metal! Dr. Wilson is a certified and preferred Invisalign orthodontist in Durham and Oxford, giving patients a “clearly” effective and incredibly comfortable way to wear braces!
If you’re interested in learning more about Invisalign invisible braces in Durham and Oxford, NC, contact our orthodontics office and schedule your complimentary orthodontic consultation.
What Is Invisalign?
- Completely invisible – Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them! Friends, family members and co-workers may never even know you are wearing braces, unless of course you tell them!
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues like traditional metal braces often can.
- Customized just for you – Your Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Orthodontist Dr. Wilson uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, then he customizes each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable – Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle with Invisalign!
- Effective – You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are complete within one year; however this can vary from patient to patient.
Why You Need To Consider Invisalign
- With Invisalign you can have a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional metal braces. Invisalign helps improve your overall oral health by making it easier to brush and floss, while also maintaining the proper tooth structure.
- Invisalign aligners are removable making it easy for you to enjoy the foods you love without worrying about breaking your appliance. You can also remove your Invisalign aligners to brush and floss regularly.
- You don’t need to change anything about your current lifestyle! With Invisalign you can continue participating in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. You will also need to schedule fewer appointments throughout your entire treatment.
How The Plastic Invisalign Aligners Straighten Teeth
The most commonly asked question from our patients is “how long will this treatment take?” With traditional metal braces, treatment times can take between 18 and 30 months; but with an Invisalign treatment, it may only take between nine to 15 months. That’s almost half the time of traditional metal braces!
When you begin your Invisalign treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of clear aligners is worn for only two weeks. After two weeks you can switch your clear aligners with the next set and continue straightening your teeth. Over time you will notice changes in the alignment of your teeth, and in just a few months you will have a straighter, healthier smile!
Read one of our favorite Invisalign testimonials:
“My dentist Bart Cleary suggested that I let Dr. Wilson see what he could do for me because I was grinding during sleep and wearing down my bottom teeth. Dr. Wilson explained the Invisalign method to me and I decided to go for it. It was the right solution for me at my age of 56 at the time and for my busy lifestyle. Soon after I started the Invisalign, I started making other decisions about my health that I had not anticipated. I started dieting and walking and soon lost 15 pounds. I then hired a concierge doctor in Durham and had a very thorough physical. Then I stepped up my exercise to include running. In 3 months I had lowered my cholesterol by 75 points. Then I hired a personal trainer who I still work out with 2-3 times per week for 10 months and have no plans to stop. I ran a 5k three months later. 4 months later I added cycling to my weekly routine and now go on rides as long as 75 miles per day with my husband. Our marriage of 34 years is rejuvenated and my life is so great. I just celebrated my 57th birthday and I haven’t felt this good my whole life. Thank you Dr. Wilson and staff for kick starting my transformation. Who would have thought things would have turned out this way? Maybe you did but I didn’t. Thanks again!” Jo M. Oxford, NC
Orthodontist Dr.Wilson is a Certified Invisalign Teen Provider in Durham & Oxford, NC
Bummed out about having braces? Invisalign Teen gives you a whole new way to wear braces for a “clearly” amazing smile!
You have enough to worry about . . .
. . .now you or your teen needs braces too?
The team has a game this Friday night; homecoming is in a month and what about the yearbook pictures?!
Don’t stress; with Invisalign Teen you won’t need to turn down any dates, wear a paper bag over your head or hide out in your room for two years! Invisalign Teen aligners are a perfect fit for your lifestyle, because aligners are:
- Super comfortable
- Customized just for you
Unlike traditional metal braces, your Invisalign Teen aligners are removable, which means you can go ahead and eat all the things you love without worrying about breaking a bracket or loosing a rubber band. Cheers! It’s your life, keep it that way!
Invisalign aligners are really comfortable and very durable. They fit in with any of your extracurricular activities. So whether you’re swimming the 50 meter race, out on the field throwing the football, or playing the clarinet with the school’s band, you don’t have to worry about your braces getting in the way!
Call 919-690-8100 today to schedule your no-obligation Wilson Smile Analysis!
Learn more about Invisalign.
Our Durham & Oxford orthodontic offices are pleased to offer passive self-ligating Damon braces. Damon braces use a slide mechanism to hold the archwire, reducing the amount of pressure exerted on the teeth and allowing the teeth to move more freely, quickly, and comfortably. Thanks to these innovative new braces, achieving your perfect smile can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible!
- Great results in less time. Depending on your case, this may mean a savings of many months. After analyzing your specific needs, we will be able to provide you with a treatment plan that will have you smiling soon!
- Damon braces allow freedom of movement – resulting in faster results with gentler forces.
- Precise and effective – We can reduce the need for many of the time-consuming and complicated procedures that are used with traditional braces.
- Fewer adjustments are required – As a result, your appointments will be faster and fewer in number.
- Less discomfort than traditional braces. Also, Damon® braces are small, very comfortable, and easy to keep clean.
Self-ligating braces — A world without elastic ties!
Self-ligating braces use a specialized clip in place of elastics to help the archwire guide teeth into place. These clips help reduce the amount of pressure being placed on the tooth and require fewer adjustments because there are no elastics to replace.
Advanced Technology Of Damon Braces
Damon passive self-ligating braces eliminate the need for elastic or metal “ties.” With Damon tie-less braces you can experience treatment without tightening.
Faster Treatment Time With Damon Braces
While treatment time can vary, clinical studies demonstrate that Damon braces are up to six months faster than traditional metal braces.
And while invisible aligners can be effective at straightening some crooked teeth, not everyone is a candidate. In contrast, Damon Clear works 24 hours a day, seven days a week to perfectly align ALL teeth for a phenomenal smile that enhances your entire facial appearance.
Another benefit: No need to worry about lost, misplaced or forgotten clear aligners, so you get in and out of treatment quickly.
Damon Braces Are More Comfortable
Even though Damon braces work so quickly, the use of gentle, low- friction force means less discomfort for you. Very light “shape memory” titanium wires are used, gently guiding your teeth to their ideal position.
Damon Braces Are More Convenient
Damon braces are designed to be discreet, comfortable, and easy to keep clean. Without the elastic ties, which attract and collect plaque, Damon braces make dental hygiene easy during treatment. Plus, Damon braces are available in clear brackets for patients who want a great smile without sacrificing aesthetics.