A delicious breakfast that doesn’t take a lot of time to make and is still braces-friendly!
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. blueberries, washed and drained
- extra margarine for the pan
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- Melt the margarine in a small saucepan.
- Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl, then add the milk and melted margarine.
- Whisk egg mixture until it is well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk again until both mixtures are blended together.
- Put extra margarine in the saucepan and heat it on the stovetop on medium heat. It is hot enough when the margarine starts to bubble.
- Use a measuring cup or a small ladle to spoon the batter into the pan to make 4 pancakes. Put some blueberries on top of each pancake.
- Cook your pancakes on medium heat until small bubbles appear on the top.
- Use a spatula to lift the edge of the pancakes to see whether they’re light brown on the bottom. When they are, flip them over with the spatula.
- Cook for another few minutes until the pancakes are light brown on the other side.
- Remove your pancakes and put them on plates to enjoy!
Feel free to top your pancakes with fruit, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or honey for an extra sweet kick or keep them plain for the healthiest option!