Valentine's Day may be among the most challenging days of the year if you have a sweet tooth and braces. All of us here at Wilson Orthodontics of Oxford, North Carolina know the difficulties of resisting those appealing confections that could affect your braces. Luckily, you have some safe and delicious alternatives to satisfy that craving. Most sweets that are soft or melt don't pose the risk of getting caught in the wires or brackets of your braces, so you can still indulge and enjoy them on this special day.
What Sweet Treats And Candy Are Safe To Eat With Traditional Metal Braces?
- Peanut Butter cups
- Frozen yogurt
- Frozen hot chocolate, coffee, lattes
- Ice cream/ ice cream cake
- Heart-shaped, soft-baked cookies
As you can see, there is a world beyond just candy hearts. Why not bake some yummy treats in your own kitchen, such as strawberry muffins or pink cupcakes? For more fun and edible treats to make at home you can visit pinterest. Some other types of treats can be enjoyed at home or at your favorite Oxford, NC restaurant with a romantic dinner, such as a fish fry, soup, pasta, or baked chicken.
While there are increased restrictions on what you can eat with traditional metal braces, if you chose Invisalign, you have a wider array of Valentine’s Day treat choices. But as we know, sugar and hard candies can pose a risk to anyone's teeth and mouth, even to those without braces. So it's best to limit them to spare your oral health. There are plenty of options in Oxford, NC to spoil your significant other this Valentine's Day that go beyond the culinary. Some are the old standbys, like artistic greeting cards and fresh flowers. Ultimately, there are many creative options that can make them smile.
Other Special Valentine's Day Treat Ideas For Your Loved One
- Treat your loved one to a movie (at home perhaps), a play, the ballet, or a concert in the Oxford, NC theatre district
- Create a photo or scrapbook of all your memories spent together using a site like Lulu.com
- Give her a cupid necklace, earrings, charm bracelet, or even that special ring
- Purchase or make an 'I Love You' coupon book full of special favors and chores you can do for your loved one
- Go out for night of dancing at your favorite Oxford, NC cafe
- Buy or make a gift basket of their favorite things (coffee/tea, beauty supplies, gift cards, etc)
Remember, having braces doesn't mean you can't have a sweet, fun and memorable time with your significant other. From Oxford, NC Orthodontist, Dr. Wilson and his orthodontic team of Wilson Orthodontics, have a Happy Valentine's Day.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Oxford, NC's Favorite Orthodontist For Braces & Invisalign
Oxford, NC Orthodontist, Dr. Wilson of Wilson Orthodontics offers the most advanced braces for children and braces for adults in Oxford, NC, including Invisalign, SureSmile, clear braces and orthodontic treatment.
Wilson Orthodontics Of Durham
2900 Croasdaile Dr. Suite 3
Durham, NC 27705
Wilson Orthodontics Of Oxford
912 College Street
Oxford, NC 27565